- Werthmüller, D., W. A. Mulder, and E. C. Slob, 2019, emg3d: A multigrid solver for 3D electromagnetic diffusion: Journal of Open Source Software, 4(39), 1463 (doi: 10.21105/joss.01463). Link pdf BibTeX
- Werthmüller, D., K. Key, and E. C. Slob, 2019, A tool for designing digital filters for the Hankel and Fourier transforms in potential, diffusive, and wavefield modeling: Geophysics, 84(2), F47-F56 (doi: 10.1190/geo2018-0069.1). Link pdf BibTeX (© SEG)
- Werthmüller, D., 2017, An open-source full 3D electromagnetic modeler for 1D VTI media in Python: empymod: Geophysics, 82(6), WB9-WB19 (doi: 10.1190/geo2016-0626.1). Link pdf BibTeX (© SEG)
- Werthmüller, D., 2017, Getting started with controlled-source electromagnetic 1D modeling: The Leading Edge, 36(4), 352-355 (doi: 10.1190/tle36040352.1). Link pdf BibTeX
- Werthmüller, D., A. Ziolkowski, and D. Wright, 2014, Predicting CSEM responses from seismic velocities: Interpretation, 2(3), SH115-SH131 (doi: 10.1190/INT-2013-0153.1). Link pdf BibTeX (© SEG)
- Werthmüller, D., A. Ziolkowski, and D. Wright, 2013, Background resistivity model from seismic velocities: Geophysics, 78(4), E213-E223 (doi: 10.1190/geo2012-0445.1). Link pdf BibTeX (© SEG)
Bayesian estimation of resistivities from seismic velocities
University of Edinburgh
Inversion of Multi-Transient EM data from anisotropic media
Petroleum Geo-Services, TU Delft, ETH Zürich, RWTH Aachen
Winner of Best M.Sc. Thesis Award 2009 from the Department of Geotechnology of TU Delft
Separate and joint inversion of dispersive Rayleigh and Love waves
- Werthmüller, D., A. Ziolkowski, and D. Wright, 2013, Modelling electromagnetic responses from seismic data: EGU Geophysical Research Abstracts, 15. Link pdf Poster LaTeX source
- Werthmüller, D., A. Ziolkowski, and D. Wright, 2012, Background resistivity model from seismic velocities: SEG Technical Program Expanded Abstracts, 31 (doi: 10.1190/segam2012-0696.1). Link pdf Slides LaTeX source
- Werthmüller, D., A. Ziolkowski, and D. Wright, 2012, Uncertainty analysis of velocity to resistivity transforms for near field exploration: EAGE Technical Program Expanded Abstracts, A014 (doi: 10.3997/2214-4609.20148358). Link pdf Slides LaTeX source
- Hobbs, B. A., D. Werthmüller, and F. Engelmark, 2009, The effect of resistivity anisotropy on transient electromagnetic earth responses: EAGE Technical Program Expanded Abstracts, P071 (doi: 10.3997/2214-4609.201400055). Link pdf
- Hobbs, B. A., D. Werthmüller, and F. Engelmark, 2009, Apparent anisotropy derived from transient electromagnetic earth responses: SEG Technical Program Expanded Abstracts, pp. 744-748 (doi: 10.1190/1.3255861). Link pdf
- Similar talks to the EAGE 2009 and SEG 2009 ones were held at CSEG 2009 pdf, ASEG 2009 pdf, IPA 2009 pdf, PGCE 2009 pdf, and IAGA 2010 pdf.
The electromagnetic modeller empymod can model electric or magnetic responses due to a three-dimensional electric or magnetic source in a layered-earth model with vertical transverse isotropic (VTI) resistivity, VTI electric permittivity, and VTI magnetic permeability, from very low frequencies (DC) to very high frequencies (GPR). The calculation is carried out in the wavenumber-frequency domain, and various Hankel- and Fourier-transform methods are included to transform the responses into the space-frequency and space-time domains.
A multigrid solver for 3D electromagnetic diffusion with tri-axial electrical anisotropy. The matrix-free solver can be used as main solver or as preconditioner for one of the Krylov subspace methods implemented in scipy.sparse.linalg, and the governing equations are discretized on a staggered Yee grid. The code is written completely in Python using the numpy/scipy-stack, where the most time- and memory-consuming parts are sped up through jitted numba-functions.
A Python wrapper (fftlog) and a pure Python version (pyfftlog) for the logarithmic FFT Fortran code FFTLog by Andrew Hamilton.
Edi2Mare is a little GUI to help you to convert EDI-files into the correct format to run inversions with MARE2DEM.
- 19/10/2016 · Keynote at the Jornada de Ciencias de la Tierra of UNAM (National Autonomous University of Mexico); Working as a geophysicist in economically difficult times.
- 18/03/2016 · CICESE (Ensenada Center for Scientific Research and Higher Education, Ensenada, MX); Research seminar: Bayesian estimation of resistivities from seismic velocities (in Spanish).
- 09/04/2015 · IMP (Mexican Petroleum Institute, Mexico City, MX); Research seminar: Bayesian estimation of resistivities from seismic velocities.
- 17/04/2012 · Aberdeen University (Aberdeen, UK); Department of Geology and Petroleum Geology: Can we combine seismic and electromagnetic data?
Except where otherwise noted, the research presented on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License (CC BY-SA).